Today, Friday, September 16th, 2016 is National Guacamole Day! Now, as most of my long time readers know, I’m absolutely crazy for Hispanic foods, so i’m loving this day! Any excuse for some great Guacamole is a good thing, so I’m bringing you a fantastic recipe for homemade Guacamole. It’s super simple to make and tastes fantastic!
Crunchy Herbed Guacamole
Recipe by George Duran for IMUSA
- 2 ripened avocados
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh chives
- juice of ½ lime
- Bottled Chipotle Hot Pepper Sauce (optional)
- 3 small red radishes
- kosher salt or table salt, to taste
- Scoop avocado flesh inside your IMUSA Molcajete and add the cilantro, chopped chives, lime juice, and chipotle sauce.
- Gently mash with the pestle until the desired consistency is reached
- Fold in diced radishes and season with salt to taste
Add some chips and you have an awesome dip, or put on your favorite burrito, fajita, enchilada or…the list is endless! Enjoy!
Disclaimer: I received no compensation of any type for this post. 🙂